Sunday 19 May 2013

Negotiated Study Two: Heart Growth

Having done a few test animations I decided that it was about time that I started with the actual animation. So I started at the beginning where the heart and veins grow and then the heart starts beating. 
This is the result..



So to start the growth of the heart I decided to start off with a representation of a cell and to then make it divide as it would in the womb where the embryo grows. I was very happy with this effect, although I do feel that at one point where the heart is almost visible there aren't enough frames, and so the movement is way too quick. I may have to add in some extra frames. With the heart growth sequence I didn't really plan it out, instead I made it up as I went along and I think that that was my downfall. 
The growth of the arteries and veins where pretty simple and straight forward and I was very happy with the result of this. And finally the growth of the blood and the beating of the heart came next, in which I was really happy between the smooth transition of the two. I was going to do it like I had in the animatic where the blood formed within the heart and then got pumped round as more blood was made but this would have taken me far too long. So I found a simpler and shorter solution that I felt worked really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment