Sunday 11 November 2012

Negotiated Study One: System Development


After doing the further research on the body and it's systems/organs I have decided that I will have to challenge myself and use more than four in my animation. The organs and systems that I was going to leave out previously have too much importance (everything in the body is highly important) to leave out. I've also decided that my previous designs for the systems were too simple and that it would be hard for the audience to recognise what they represent and so I'm going to use images that are more obvious as to what they are but make it abstract with the way in which I animate and how I position the shots. I won't show the entire system but rather parts of the system throughout the animation. I may at the end when the body has died 'zoom out' to show all of the systems together where the image will then fade out.

The Circulatory System


Here I drew a simple diagram of the heart, this is the clearest one that I have come across and so will probably use this version.


I then took a diagram of the circulatory system and used the diagram of the heart in it.


I then looked more closely at where the blood went round the organs. When researching it was clear that the  arteries got smaller and smaller the further they got and the veins got bigger and bigger. In the diagram above they stayed mainly the same size and so I incorporated my knowledge from my research into my next diagram.


This is much better but I feel that the proportions are all wrong, the heart is way too big compared to the other organs and so will have to redo this. I will also ad much more detail where the blood goes around the organs, I still feel that this can be improved. 



This is my improvement to this system - 



I'm a lot happier with this representation of the circulatory system, I feel that it is much more realistic. I will be making a very large version for when I animate so that I can add much more detail as I'm going to be working very close up with these images.



The Respiratory System


I drew this from a diagram of the lungs. I found that shape was wrong for the shape of the lungs and so I did it again...


Now the shape was right but I felt that it needed to be more detailed..


So I drew it bigger and added tons more branches to make it more compact and easier to recognise it as the shape of the lungs. I am really happy with this, all I need to do now is create the rest of the respiratory tract with the nose, mouth and airway down to the lungs.



No comments:

Post a Comment