Tuesday 13 November 2012

Negotiated Study One: System Development Two


The Digestive System


I've started to explore the visuals for the digestive system, again I'm going to keep it quite true to how it looks realistically to help the audience identify what they are looking at. 

First I drew out the mouth  and throat, this is the top part of the digestive system but also the respiratory. I will probably develop this further but I can't see it becoming very detailed.


I then drew out all of the digestive organs, using my original abstract drawings for inspiration as I quite likes them. I didn't like what I did with the stomach, I was trying to show the muscle pattern but it didn't work. Another problem that I had was that I wasn't sure the shape of the small intestine looked right, in research images it was always shown with smooth walls.


So I dulled down the pattern on the stomach and small intestine but I still didn't think it looked right. The large intestine I experimented with the pattern I had used on the small intestine previously but preferred it lumpy and natural.


I the decided that it would be best to concentrate on the organs separately as I had with the systems. another thing that I had notice about the small intestine was that it wasn't as straight forward as I had been drawing it, so I made it messier. However it looked too loose and I felt that it would need to be tighter together. I was much happier with it smooth.


So I made it tighter and I was much happier although I felt that by doing so I had lost some of the messiness, especially with the bit on the right hand side.


So I tried again and this time I was happy!


I then decided to do it again but bigger so that I could get in more detail as I had with the lungs and circulatory system. The small intestines became a little looser again but I will be developing this again to correct it. 


Here I looked at the stomach and pancreas, the pancreas took my attention and so I started to develop it.


 I added detail with lots of circles to create the texture of the pancreas. As you see it here is how it would look cut in half, the veins wouldn't normally be outside. 


I went back to the stomach but decided that at the moment I wanted to keep it simple. I couldn't find any useful research images to help me add any detail and so I may come back to this. 


The same was with the liver!



No comments:

Post a Comment