Wednesday 13 March 2013

Negotiated Study Two: Colour Tests


I've been experimenting with how I will render my animation, I've come up with three different designs.

This is the first, where I painted the frames with watercolour paints

I was very happy with this, especially when I put all the frames together to make a quick test film, it felt like the heart was much more alive than when there wasn't any colour at all. The test animation...





I then decided to paint a frame digitally to see what effect I would get from that. I wasn't very happy with the outcome and it took way to long to do. 

So I revisited the watercolour frames that I had done and remember a tutor saying about maybe inverting the image. To get the paint to stay blue I had to change the hue to orange-yellow first and then inverted the image. I was really pleased with this, not only was it visually interesting but it also gave the feel of an Xray, which I loved. And because its dark it also could suggest the feeling of being inside the body. 


I then made a test animation to make sure that it looked ok when in motion.




I'm really happy with the outcome of this and will definitely be using it as the style for the final aimation



No comments:

Post a Comment